Thursday, August 13, 2009

Camping on Baltra Beach



Today is my final day visiting the Enchanted islands of the Galapagos. I managed to meet Juan the very last week here and will never forget my time spent with this amazing person. We camped, laughed, danced till all hours of the nite, held hands, walked for miles, shared stories from our lives and cried.

Without Juan I would never have seen all the amazing places I visited in the last week. he is a native to the Galapagos, not to mention 8 years younger but in this case age did not matter. His knowledge of the islands is amazing and I visited places that not many tourists would go to. We were on a secluded beach in the middle of no mans land and at 10 at nite he suggested we go diving for lobster, I suggested (with my fear of nite diving) I stay on land and keep the fire going... that was daunting enough, but not so much as nite diving for lobster with white tip sharks buzzing around.... We ate 5 lobsters that he caught and cooked them on my fire stove I was so very proud of. In the morning we snorkeled and I swam with sea turtles, white tipped sharks and tons of colorful fishies along the reef. I will have a friend for life with him.

Today I headed out on my own to say goodbye to my beloved Island, Santa Cruz. I cried when I left 9 months ago and I cried today thinking of all the friends and memories I have made.

I have just been invited to a concert with my friend Elke the artist, her daughter is in a band and they have a concert tonight. So I will hopefully get some more last minute amazing photos ;)

Tomorrow I am headed back to Vilcabamba and from there I will go back to the coast to see some places I missed before.

I will be back to the Galapagos one day soon, hopefully in March when the trees are in bloom and the sun is always shining.

Enjoy the photos!!! And never forget to live life to the fullest!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment