Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back home in Vilcabamba

I was greeted with the warmest of welcomes when I returned to Madre Tierra's. Everyone was suprised to see me again and so happy that I have come back. The sun is still not shinging but I am happier than ever. I have walked alone this time without a guide as I know my way and am at peace with all that surrounds me. I walked thru the river, climbed a mountain, slid down the mountain, lolol slept on the hammock and have watched the stars every nite.

I went the other nite to a friends house up in the mountains along the rio, where there was a small party. I had an amazing time!!! As we went to collect wood for the fire there was an amazing rainbow that glowed, I did not have my camera at the time, so I ran with the wood in my arms down the hill to grab it to come back and take a photo... It was not as vibrant as when I first saw it, but there is a photo here for you to see its beauty.

We had a huge campfire and I played the drums beside the fire (mind you, I have never played the bongo before and I played it like It was always a part of me) as others played different instruments, such as flutes, whistles and a bunch of others that I have no idea what they are called but together we made the most beautiful music!! I watched two meteors zip along the sky and it must have lasted for a good 3 minutes!! never in my life had I seen anything like it!!! I made a prayer for all my friends,family and even for those who I do not know at that very moment. Life is beautiful, and it is what you make of it. The Universe is always open to your requests, always.

I have so many wonderful stories to share with my family and friends when I return home and look so very forward to writing several books on this beautiful country of Ecuador.

I will be headed to Cuenca once again to meet with bridal shops and hopefully open up my photography business here as well so I can live the best of both worlds. After Cuenca I will go back to Olon and then the door is open to where the wind will take me. There is so much I have not seen but I am happy knowing that if I live here part time that I will have all the time in the world to see them.

Here are a few pics from this adventure, enjoy!!

franklin (1 of 1)-3

franklin (1 of 1)

toes (1 of 1)

franklin (1 of 1)-4

20090816-vilca (164 of 175)

20090819-20090819-IMG_9686

20090817-20090817-IMG_9660

20090816-vilca (89 of 175)

20090816-vilca (129 of 175)

20090816-vilca (134 of 175)

No comments:

Post a Comment