Monday, July 6, 2009

Olon Ecuador and the beach house...

The bus ride was not half as horrible as I had imagined. I had a scene from Romancing the Stone in my head where she is on the bus clutching her bag and stepping on squeeling pigs... not so, I am so very happy to report!! Today however I will be headed to Loja on an 8 hour bus ride, this should be interesting!! Vilcamba is also known as the the Valley Of Longevity, it has the most populated area of the oldest living people in Ecuador. It also has a large number of Expats living there as well. (that was for my sister )

Back to Olon, the beach house was a beautiful two story home that had a direct view of the ocean. I kept the windows open at nite and fell asleep to the sounds of the waves crashing against the sea floor. I made new friends that I will have for life. I climbed a mountain, lost my footing and slid down it as well , I have lovely war wounds on my knees, but perserverd and made it to the top. Once there I had amazing views of the town of Olon and the ocean that went on forever. I have eaten more fish in two days than I had consumed in a year at home!! Delicious and the most delicate of filets, for a whopping $4 for a complete dinner!!

I watched wild horses roam the beach and fishermen catch their fresh catch of the day. I listened to my neighbor play his guitar, watched surfers catch the waves and chilled with the setting sun.

Sorry for any spelling errors, spell checkie no workie here!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh la Vida Loca!!! More to come :) And tons of photos as well!!

olon day 2 beach (38 of 160)

olon day 2 (232 of 243)

olon day 2 beach (16 of 160)

olon day 2 beach (133 of 160)

Olon Salinas day 3 (135 of 159)

Olon Salinas day 3 (157 of 159)

olon day 2 (117 of 243)

olon day 2 (217 of 243)

olon day 2 beach (160 of 160)

olon day 2 (195 of 243)

olon day 2 (189 of 243)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know,I am first in line for 'the book' .Sorry Ericka :)[We probably need to work on the title].

    I must say though, that your writting is so descriptive;so much so ,that I am enjoying every moment with you( the throbbing pain in my knees I can do without though LMAO)

    P.s thanks for the fish.
    Looking forward to 'experiencing' more tales from your excursion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there. Beautiful photos bubba. I am so happy you are there and experiencing all of this. Missing you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOLOLOL!!! I love the Romancing the Stone reference, cause thats what I was picturing also!! I'm glad your having fun, and I miss you. Remember what I said about you becoming an Expat... "over my dead body".......... I still mean that!!!

    Love you,
    Ericka

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are amazing, beautiful pictures. What an awesome place.

    Take good care :)

    Best regards,

    Sue

    ReplyDelete