Monday, July 20, 2009

Galapagos Day two....

I find it interesting that I am learning ever so quickly that the things that you plan for are not half as good as the things you never intended to do. I was supposed to be in the Galapagos for my entire stay while in Ecuador but little by little my plans changed and I thank God for those little changes. As I have mentioned before I am so very fortunate in meeting the beautiful people who have been a very big part of my sojourn.

Yesterday was my first day back in the Galapagos and so much has changed since my last visit. It is no longer the quaint town with animals of all sorts crawling the streets yet has become a city with buses and noise and tons and tons of people. I can not wait to be on a boat away from all the movement. My first nite was a bit depressing as my room had a lovely view of a cement wall , a faint smell of pee and the sounds were not the barks of sea lions but honking horns and such.... I was ready to get on a plane to go back to the quaint villages that I had stayed in. I phoned a friend in Ecuador who suggested that I look for a three story yellow home and ask if I could stay there for the week... and so I went looking for the home. Once she opened the door I knew everything was going to be OK. The energy that surrounded me was warm and welcoming, I will take pics to show you where I will be staying for a while.

I have learned that energy can be a beautiful and quite ugly as well and can be easily stirred in either direction. I sat alone today eating lunch when a man came and sat next to me. We ended up talking for a bit and then he took me to his gallery where he presented me with a stunning pair of silver iguana earrings and a beautiful Batik scarf hand painted in my favorite colors. He told me that he wanted to give this to me because I changed his day, he is an artist like me and we shared a beautiful day in a very short amount of time. I will take photos of him and his gallery and he will be part of my book.

So remember one thing, try not to plan your life, leave doors open for beautiful moments to happen and I believe you may be pleasantly surprised.


All the images below were taken with a little point and shoot, tomorrow I will bring out the biggie and I look forward to taking and sharing some beautiful images.

Ecuador 014

Ecuador 018

OK, so i am a bit impatient as many know and i just cant wait for all the pics to upload, promise to get more pics up soooooooooooooooon!


xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

1 comment: