Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Touch of Color

 Potato flower
Gobbles

Some of the potatoes are ready for harvest and it is super exciting to see the results after several months of hard work. Photos of the harvest to come.... My hands are black from the harvest, my mother would faint and my sister would run me to the nearest nail salon. I would wear gloves but it kinda defeats the purpose as I love the sensation of finding lost potatoes under the soil and feeling the earth under my fingers. It feels like digging for gold when I come across a plant that is loaded with potatoes. Funny how your perspective on things can change... Over the weekend friends came to visit and purchased chickens, eggs, avocados, fruit and of course, potatoes and a lavender sachet. It felt so good to be able to sell the things I made with love and better yet, knowing that the people who bought the items would enjoy consuming them as much as I enjoyed being part of growing process.   And on that note.... I need a trip to Tahiti and a 7 hour massage.   


1 comment: